Why we started Therapy In Your Home
Therapy In Your Home OT, PT, ST was established to meet a need: To help you find a therapist who would come to your home even if insurance would not pay for it. For instance:
- You had home health care, paid by your insurance, but the therapists have stopped coming and you still want more therapy
- You don’t have insurance
- You don’t have transportation to get to outpatient therapy
- Your insurance can’t find a provider through a home health agency but we have one for you. We have a wide range of therapists with a wide range of specialty areas and languages.
- You like having your own therapist.
About the owner
Julie Groves, OTR/L*, has worked in home care since 1980. Her experience includes hospitals and rehabilitation facilities in the California Bay Area and the Central Coast. She maintains contact with clients, encouraging each therapist to be as comprehensive, individual, and effective as possible.
*OTR/L stands for Occupational Therapist, Registered [nationally]/Licensed [in California]
About the Therapists
Therapy In Your Home is a group of therapists experienced in homecare, who want to provide personalized care, and have their own areas of expertise.
We offer a wide variety of personalities, schedules, languages, specialty areas and locations. All therapists meet home health agency hiring requirements. Information about each therapist is available on request. Each therapist is covered by malpractice insurance and is licensed in California.
We find just the right therapist for you:
- Specially trained for your needs
- Personality you like: encouraging, strict, gentle, funny, tough,
- Schedule that matches yours
- Language: If you are more comfortable in a language other than English, we can attempt to find just the right therapist for you.
Paperwork to get started
- Thank you so much for all that you do. I don’t know where I would be without the care of your team. Be so very proud of all that you do. DM 2016
- From the very first day that she arrived, she was very successful in establishing rapport with me. This helped to lower my anxiety and instill a confidence that she not only was very skilled, but she also demonstrated being vested in my successful recovery. Each time she came, she patiently demonstrated the exercises and explained what each one was going to accomplish. She explained at great length what my short term and long term goals were going to be. Every day that I do my exercises, I remember her and am very thankful to the Lord that it was P… who came to assist in my recovery. I am grateful for organizations such as yours that are dedicated to providing the services that are so necessary to educate patients about how they can improve their health. MDV 2016
- You were very helpful over the phone, gave me suggestions and directed me to an agency who would take my insurance. MP 10-07
- It was extraordinary meeting you and observing you work with my aunt today! You certainly have a special way of making everyone feel good. I’ve been thinking about today’s session. There is this focusing that you do that makes every minute with you precious, healing and memorable. Both my mothers and my anxiety levels dropped, hearing your compassionate and eloquently explained reminder of what its like to be slowing down. I loved the way you’d think for a second, as if reaching right into your intelligence and heart to figure out what to say, if this were my mother, Id I have to say I learned a lot today. I stopped grumbling at my mother and treated her more gently. A huge thank you! MT by email 12-05
- We loved the great job Agnes did with Bob. Mrs. F 7-07
- Wonderful to experience the type of professional you provided compared to the ones we saw at the SNF and the ones home health agency sent. (NOTE: Therapy In Your Home may send a therapist who also works in a SNF or for a Home Health Agency. But when working for Therapy In Your Home they are freed from the boundaries of those systems. One of the benefits of our service is that it reminds the therapists of why they love their profession and encourages more therapists to stay in their profession.)
- Mary A. and her husband celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary with their 8 children. The festivities began with a champagne toast. Then she got up and did all of her exercise routine to show everyone how well she was doing. She must be improving! SM, a therapist, reporting in by email 5-06
- You suggested I try home care for PT for my elderly aunt. She did qualify for a few visits and I appreciate your help. HM 2003
- Our goal was to access his capabilities and therapy needs. We met them 100%. QI survey 2001
- I have osteoporosis and cant be helped too much but this helped a lot. QI survey 2001
Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2015 from the Occupational Therapy Association of California: Julie’s acceptance Speech
To Occupational Therapists
Thank you, I am delighted to share my image of my company with you:
- Picture this: There is a client who lives near you and needs your expertise
- Picture this: I get calls from people looking for therapists. They don’t always know they need an OT, but they usually would benefit from seeing one.
- Picture this: There are therapists, maybe you, who sometimes would like to make a home visit for just the right client
- Our success is that perfect match of client/therapist
- Getting more clients seen by OT
- Giving more OTs the option to see clients in their home
Who do I have to thank for our success?
- Great Therapists: holistic, client centered, professional. Pediatric Geriatric, and Mental Health specialists making visits in the home and community
- Conscientious office staff who bill Medicare Part B, insurance and private pay and maintain contracts with agencies and entities who do not have their own therapists to make visits to the home and community
- Silicon Valley SCORE of the Small Business Administration who has helped from the start and continues to guide me
- My family who was willing to try this idea and gave me time
- My OT training which taught me to see a need, see a solution and to adapt. We adapted a health care model to keep the focus on what the client needs and where they need it.
So thank you OT profession, you have served me well.
Paperwork to Get Started
Benefits of a Home Visit
We would be glad to talk to you about the benefits of therapy provided in your home, and the resources we can bring to your specific needs. We have therapists in San Francisco, San Mateo, San Jose and Santa Cruz counties, and beyond.
Confidential Fax: (877)-334-0714
Alternate Phone (408)-358-3131 and Fax (408)-706-5609
MAILING ADDRESS ONLY
(We come to you!)
147 Vista Del Monte
Los Gatos, CA 95030-6335